Mobile Assistance Patrol (MAP) continues to have a high demand for transporting individuals who are vulnerable, under the influence of alcohol and other drugs, and at risk of harm or being involved in anti-social behaviour, minimising the contact with the justice system.
Client Target Groups:
People who are intoxicated in unsafe public places within the inner city area of Adelaide who are:
- experiencing harm, or
- who are at a high risk of harm due the influence of drugs or alcohol, and
- are not in a fit state to safely return of their own accord to their home or to a safe place.
The target group is inclusive to:
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal
- Aboriginal people who are visitors to the Adelaide inner city and parklands.
- South Australian Police sites within the CBD
The following services will be considered for priority pick-up locations
- East end of South Terrace located on the corner of Hutt Street & South Terrace.
- Non metro Police sites
- Currie street end of Leigh street
- Whitmore Square, St Luke Side referred by Salvo’s Sobering Unit
No time limit of pick up can be guaranteed by Mobile Assistance Patrol
- The main focus is in inner Adelaide and the surrounding parkland areas.
- Transportation from inner Adelaide to the broader Metropolitan areas limited to:
– Smithfield in the Northern Suburbs
– Port Noarlunga in the southern suburbs
– Mount Barker in the Adelaide Hills
- Clients are not to be transported from metropolitan Adelaide into the inner city of Adelaide at any time.
- MAP is not a replacement for calling a Taxi
- House to house transportation is not provided
- Transportation from Adelaide metropolitan areas to the inner Adelaide city area is not provided.
MAP’S OPERATING TIMES – 6.00PM – 2.00AM 7 DAYS PER WEEK
CONTACT 0411 474 368 DURING THESE TIMES.